Turkey Tail has been used in Eastern medicine for thousands of years to treat various health conditions and concerns. Most of its traditional use stems from ancient China and Japan, where medicinal mushrooms were enthusiastically embraced in healing and medicine.
Turkey Tail was mentioned in the first written text on medicinal herbs from the Han Dynasty, Shennong Ben Cao Jing, around 200 BC. There is also a record of Turkey Tail in the Compendium of Materia Medica (Ben Cao Gang Mu) from the Ming Dynasty in the 15th century. In this text, Turkey Tail is said to promote vitality, healthy liver function, and strong bones and muscles.
The Western world has since caught on to Turkey Tail’s many benefits, which have been demonstrated in numerous clinical trials. It became even more popular in the past decade after a 2011 Ted Talk in which well-known mycologist Paul Stamets tells the story of his mother’s battle with cancer and how Turkey Tail played a role in her recovery.
✓Boosts the immune system
✓Helps fight cancer
Much of the research done on turkey tail mushrooms relates to their effect on various cancers, and turkey tail mushroom extracts are even approved as supplementary cancer treatments in Japan and China. Potentially because of their immune-boosting effects, turkey tail mushroom extracts are able to inhibit the growth of certain cancer types.
In addition to inhibiting cancer growth, turkey tail mushrooms are also able to counteract the effects that tumors have on the body. Part of the reason cancerous tumors are able to grow is because they suppress the immune system, preventing the body from reacting to the tumor and stopping its growth.
✓Contains PSP and PSK which are useful in treating viral infections
✓Improves nervous system function
✓Protects the liver
✓Improves gut health
✓Enhances athletic performance
✓GMO, Gluten, Preservative Free
- Take 2 capsules per day with a full glass of water
- Do not exceed the stated dosage
- Best used in the morning
- Not suitable for persons under the age of 18
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking prescribed medication or under medical supervision, it is advisable to consult your doctor or a healthcare professional prior to taking any supplements
- This unregistered medication has not been evaluated by SAHPRA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease
- Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight
- Keep out of reach of children
- Trametes versicolor
- None known
- Glass Bottle and Recyclable Plastic Lid
- Product of USA
- Packed in South Africa